Events & weddings
Private & business occasions for up to 250 persons
The various restaurants and localities at the Gasthof and Alpine Beer Pub Markterwirt offer a suitable and cosy venue for your private and business events. The traditional Gasthof in Altenmarkt in Pongau offers with its large events hall space for social occasions, such as balls and weddings.
We are happy to offer joys of the palate to suit your occasion and budget: a festive menu, a buffet, traditioal dishes, small snacks or a cheese platter snack. For smaller celebrations you can also select from our à la carte menu.
The suitable location for your events for up to 250 guests
- “Gaststube” for 50 to 55 persons
- “Alte Kuchl” (Old Kitchen) – adjoining the Gaststube for 10 to 15 persons
- Alpine Beer Pub with bar for up to 40 persons
- Dining room with set tables for 200 persons, with conference seating for up to 250 persons, stage & dance floor
- Outdoor dining area for approx. 50 to 60 persons – open in summer
- Pizzeria & Bar “Gwölbl” for 50 to 55 persons (separate dining area for approx. 18 persons) – only open in winter
Weddings at the Gasthof Markterwirt in Altenmarkt
Celebrate your wedding at the Gasthof Markterwirt in Altenmarkt in Pongau. Whether a small family celebration or a bigger reception with friends – in the large hall with stage and dance floor there’s space for wedding recptions with up to 200 guests. The Schneider Family and the Markterwirt team are on hand to ensure the smooth running of your wedding celebration and can help you put together a menu – from home-cooking/traditional, healthy or game dishes to children’s menus.
- Wedding reception in the garden overlooking the Market Square, nibbles or finger food as an appetiser
- Procession to the church, right opposite the Markterwirt
- Wedding menu at festive decorated tables
- Musical entertainment during the meal
- Stage, microphone & lecturn available
- Remaining guests well-looked after during the “Stealing of the Bride”
- Live music & jolly atmosphere in the afternoon and evening
- Cutting & serving of the wedding cake before or after congratulating the happy couple & presentation of wedding gifts
- Official send-off of the bride & groom under the ancient chestnut tree in the garden
Traditional wedding menu suggestion
- Wedding soup
- Burgunder cream roast with croquette potatoes and fine vegetables
or Wiener Schnitzel with parsley potatoes & cranberry jelly
or Pongau roast pork with dumplings & potatoes
- Wedding cake & coffee
- For the children: Children’s sausages with chips & children’s ice cream sundae
The Schneider Family invites you to a personal chat to discuss the details of your celebration. Just call to make an appointment +43 6452 5420 or send us an email.